Personal data is any information about you which you can be identified. This can include information such as:
- your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- debit card details;
- information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based); and
- information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our sites, apps, and services.
How we collect information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide us
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; your likeness; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
Information about others
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including photos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
Information We Collect
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. this information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalise your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
How we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as sending our subscriptions. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes - such as our accounting and records - and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To send marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
- To personalise our services (for example, so you can see activities that match your interests, remembering your language settings, displaying personalised advertising as well as measuring how effective our online adverts are, recognising you when you sign in on different devices and tailoring our marketing communications based on what you read and interact with on our sites.
- To respond to your queries and resolve complaints.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Who we share your personal data with
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorised service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supoorting our website functionality, and supporting contetests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Hosts: When a booking is confirmed, guests have access to the hosts telephone number to make scheduling and meeting their host easier and more convenient. This telephone number can be updated on the host’s profile settings page.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with business partners to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on the websites of their parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and servers that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Using children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 18. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians or when the information is provided to us by the parents or a legal guardian.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior o the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Detour Guide after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
Detour Guide, Ltd.
M11 Business Campus
Gorey, Co. Wexford Y25 A8H2